Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Under Contract

Sigh. The house had 16 bids in 4 days. :( Ours wasn't accepted. We put in a bid, the asking price, Saturday morning, along with all of the papers they asked for. The stupid MLS listing shows "Pending" as of today, hello, we put in our bid on Saturday?! ARGH. Wish they would have told us they had other offers, but they didn't, they said they didn't have any.

I'm so ... I don't know the word ... sad. I was already picturing living there ... meeting the neighbors, going to the park. :( I'd thought of decorating Alex's room, a real room, where it was all his. Instead of what it is now ... his room and our office. And it's all of maybe 10x10? And really, I don't think it's that big.

I'm just so disappointed. We have everything in order. Our credit, the down payment ... sigh. I was telling Santiago tonight how I didn't think we got it, but even as I said it, I didn't believe it. In my heart, I felt it was ours. And it's not.

I looked on MLS tonight ... and there's nothing new in the area we want and the money we are comfy spending. So we'll go check out the rest of the ones I printed on Thursday night that we didn't look at because we fell in love with that one.

Blah. And I don't know why, but I'm crying. Blah.

5 comments:

  1. Awww I'm sorry you didn't get it but you did what I said not to do ya yutz lol... you got all invested.... mental note, don't take Christy to an animal shelter ever :P Don't worry ... something else will come along just be ...dare I say ....patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I'm sorry you didn't get it but you did what I said not to do ya yutz lol... you got all invested.... mental note, don't take Christy to an animal shelter ever :P Don't worry ... something else will come along just be ...dare I say ....patient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks! I hope that you are able to find something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have faith. The next one will end up being even better. I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any new news on the house hunt?

    ReplyDelete