Sunday, July 27, 2008

Alex Update & Pictures

Here's an email I just sent out to many friends and family, but I'm sure I missed someone along the way ...

Hey All!

We haven't been very good about sharing pictures, sorry. We spend just about every spare moment loving on Alex and watching him explore his world, it's amazing. He's napping now, so I'm trying to catch up on emails.


Alex is growing so fast! His last doctors visit at 7 months old, he is 19 pounds and 28" long. He's doing great! He loves one of his new toys, a walker, he's just recently figured out how to move forward in it. He loves chasing the cats, although they are much faster than he is! He's also loving his jumper, my sister, Gina, sent us ... it's hanging from our bedroom door frame, so he jumps all around. Daycare says he has the most fun in their jumper too. His favorite thing to do in the jumper is to lick the strap, haha.










He's eating good, he doesn't have any teeth yet though. We haven't found anything he doesn't like, so far he's eaten: rice & oatmeal cereal, bananas, mangos (frozen, he LOVED them!), sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, squash, peaches, pears, applesauce ... so far so good! :) We're just moving into "Stage 2" of the organic baby food. He eats better than we do, that's for sure!











Alex took swimming lessons with Santiago, they had a blast! Alex loves the water, loves splashing and kicking and even going under the water. Since he's been swimming, when you put him on his tummy, he arches his back, puts his arms out and kicks, kicks, kicks ... I think he thinks he's in the water! It's cute. Santiago has spent a lot of time in the pool with him while the weather is good and Alex is a natural in the water.



I'm attaching a variety of pictures, some from Father's Day ... we made shirts for Santiago, my dad and Robby (my brother) ... it was not easy getting his hands open, as you can see! They loved them.


















These were taken on July 4th. We all went to PictureMe Studios in Walmart, Logan (Robby's son) came with us. Logan is now 13 years old and Alex just loved spending time with him. The photographer did a great job, there's even a pic of Alex in a cloth diaper. :)





























This is the most recent one, taken on July 27, 2008 of Alex in his new bathtub that Gunnar gave us. He is still too small to sit upright in it, but he'll be able to soon!

5 comments:

  1. Ha, Ha! I found you blogging! Great pictures of Alex. I like the softness of the cloth diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad ya found me! I'm just hiding until I figure this stuff out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has got to be the cutest baby!!! Thanks for inviting me over to see your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an excellant job! This is your first time doing something like this? The pictures you shared are superfamily-loved them. I'll be checkin' back. mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea Munch!!!! Welcome!!! Looking forward to reading more. Love those pictures of Alex- he's such a doll and he's growing up so fast! C-ya at the next meeting!

    ReplyDelete