Saturday, December 6, 2008

Rushing about ...

Yes, I know, I'm way behind on my posting and will try to catch up soon ...

This morning I got through some of my 250+ emails that I've had saved in my inbox (read and saved to respond to later - bad idea). I just haven't had much computer time (at home) lately. When I snuck my last few posts in, I was at my parents house for Thanksgiving, Alex was taking a nap and my brother and his family weren't there yet, so I jumped on, posted some pics and that was all I had time for. :( It was nice to finally catch up on some old emails though. I miss staying in touch.

I'm rushing about packing, hubby and I are leaving shortly for West Palm Beach, I'm doing a half marathon tomorrow. We're dropping Alex off at my parents house until we get back tomorrow afternoon. Aren't I lucky to have such great parents!?

Fleet Feet is a big sponsor of the race, so when we're training, it's one of the ones they talk about a lot, especially because it's local and not a "huge" race, so the newbies won't be totally overwhelmed! I'm glad we found this race, it's totally flat and it's a pretty run. Here's some pics from the last two years from the same race ...
Here's Jenny & her hubby Randy after the 2006 Race.
Jenny, Me, Gina and Bucky before the 2006 Race. We sure are happy for a 5am picture!!
Jenny & I after the 2007 Race ... 2 weeks before I had Alex, no wonder I'm so ummm, rounded.
Randy & Jenny right after the 2007 Race ...
I'll post pics of this race hopefully tomorrow ... Jenny and Bucky will be doing it again with me (Bucky & I's 2nd time, Jenny's 3rd). April had an injury and won't be able to do the race, but will be there cheering her hubby, Geoff, on. Lee & Christina are co-workers that are doing it for the first time. And of Jenny & I's Galloway Training Group, Bonnie, Rhonda, and Treici will be there. Tina, Rick, and Cheryl had injuries and won't be able to make it. We'll miss them for sure!
I haven't been training this week ... or much in the last few weeks. It seems the cold/coughs want to stay in our house. I'm so over it. This week Alex was teething and had a fevers up to 104.6, it was very scary for me. :( He's feeling much better now, which I am very thankful for. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and stuffy nose, sigh ... just my luck.
Jenny and I are thinking about doing the Disney Princess Half Marathon ... we keep talking about it. It's so darned expensive though. We'll see if we do that one or another. If we do that one, I'm really going to have to buckle down, lose some weight and increase my speed. They have a pace limit of 16 ... and for long distances, I'm at a solid 17. We'll see.
Ok, I need to run ... hope everyone has a nice weekend!!

2 comments: