Friday, June 26, 2009

Stolen ....

I'm a fanatic about locking my doors ... sometimes too much so. Not this time. Wednesday night I got home from work, locked the van and came inside. At some point Alex grabbed my keys from my purse, I got them back and moved my purse to where he really couldn't reach (he's growing so fast, he's able to touch so much more!). Apparently he hit the "unlock" button while he had my keys ...

Jenny, Alex and I went for a walk in the morning, got ready for work/school ... got in the van and noticed the area between the front seats was all messed up. I called Santiago, no, he wasn't in the van ... then it hit me. Someone got into my van and stole my camera. UGH. I was early, having a great day ... called the police ... went to the neighbors (some of whom I hadn't met) ... doesn't look like anyone else was hit. They didn't get much, but it's just so frustrating. Items stolen: digital camera & case, car charger for my phone, $5 gift card to Target, mini flash light and Santiago's pocket knife. Well, that's all I can remember anyways. I'm thinking I'll notice more stuff as I look for it, ya know? Luckily I had just cleaned out the van a few weeks ago, so there really wasn't much to take. I'm really mad about my camera though. It was a Christmas gift from Santiago a few years ago and we're going on vacation soon, so we'll have to get a new one, that's not in the budget!

They had to be pretty bold though. It looks like they got in from the passenger side door, because the bionoculars weren't taken that were in the drivers door, and they couldn't have reached the glove box from the drivers door either. The inside light switch wasn't touched, so when they opened the door, all the inside lights came on. I really felt safe here. I'm just so upset.

When I got home last night, I went around to more neighbors ... was nice meeting them. All said the same thing though, "It's a safe area, nothing has ever happened to me" ... yeah, well, guess what. It did to me. Santiago loves me ... before I got home, he moved stuff around in the garage so the van can fit in there now. Makes me feel better. A little bit.

Alex slept all night, YAY! Jenny and I went running this morning, did 1.6 miles with an average pace while running of 14:15. Off to a good start! My mouse isn't working right now, so it's a pain to post pictures right now, but I will try again tonight or this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Arrrgh! I'm so sorry this happened to you! I had my car broken into 2x when Mike at our old house in Sanford. I felt so violated.

    Remember last summer how I thought my camera was stolen from Klaus' car in Switzerland? Well, he found it in when he had to take his spare tire out last winter.

    ReplyDelete