Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dad surgery update

Dad's doctor just came in and told us the surgery went great. Although it lasted around 7 hours, and was supposed to be 5-6, so we were worried. The Dr's coat said "Chief of Neurosurgery" - wish I saw that earlier, it might have eased my mind a bit. Dr says they put in rods and screws and he should be walking and feeling better pretty quickly.

Dad is still in recovery, and will be there for another hour. Then he's suppose to be going to CVICU. Last time we were there was when Robby had his heart attack in November 2007. I don't want to go back there, but its for very different reasons. Dr says he'll be there for 3-4 days then to a regular room for a few days. Then, to our surprise, he's going to a rehab hospital. We'll have to get more info on that as the days go on.

Thanks so much for all of the prayers and thoughts sent our way, I really appreciate it. Mom and I spent the day together in the waiting room, talking, reading and stressing. Aunt Kathleen stopped by and chatted with us a bit, that was a nice break. I think tomorrow is back to the real world for me, I think mom might take off another day. I'll update as I can.

Oh, and I've been working on the pictures from Puerto Rico, hopefully I can get them finished soon and posted ...

No comments:

Post a Comment