Wednesday, September 3, 2008

High Fever

Ugh. Alex had a decent day ... fevers stayed low, he was in a good mood, played almost all day ... didn't want his bottle, but drank pedalyte and ate food just fine.

He didn't sleep well, but he finally took a decent nap this evening on me ... but woke up with a 104.1 fever. Maybe it's higher because he slept on me (my body heat?), I don't know!

I think this is the highest it's ever been. I remember when I took him to the ER when he was 4 months old, it was 103.8.

He just had a short bottle of pedalyte and daddy is feeding him dinner right now ... he's eating it ... that's a good sign. I hope the fever comes down quick ...

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them! We've done the cool shower, cool cloth, cool drinks, little to no clothes .... the a/c is down to 73 and now back to alternating the tylenol and motrin. Poor little guy.

3 comments:

  1. What a bummer! Brianna use to get high fevers like that. It always ended up being a urinary tract infection. It's pretty scary but try to remember kids handle fever alot better than us older folks do. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poor munchkin. I hope he had a better night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, he did "ok". We didn't sleep much with him in our bed, but he refused to sleep anywhere else. He woke up with a 103.1 fever ... it's down to 99.9 now ... let's hope it stays down.

    ReplyDelete