Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A step in the right direction

Alex and I went walking this morning with Jenny. The last time I was out doing any kind of exercise was 2 weeks ago. The week Alex was sick I went running with our group and did our usual 3 miles. Today we took Alex with us because I knew we were walking, not running. I'm still not feeling great. Still coughing and my voice sounds yucky. But we did 2.81 miles, so I'm not complaining! :) I don't feel the usual high right now, but that's ok.

I missed meeting Jeff Galloway on Saturday, that really bummed me out. Jenny said they had a great run and missed me. I miss my running, and my group. :( Wahhh. Yes, I'm whining.

Daycare called me yesterday, Alex wasn't feeling well. His ears are red, he had a low fever and he had the runs. :( Poor lil guy. Our Dr called in a new antibiotic for him. I'm hoping it knocks whatever he has out. He was a cranky lil boy last night too ... I think he has more teeth coming in, which I'm sure doesn't feel great.

Alex showed us he has learned something new ... he can go from laying down in his crib to standing up. We're in trouble now! Before, you had to sit him down and he figured out how to stand, now he's standing from any position. So in the middle of the night, he decided he wanted to stand ... and cry and scream. I slept through it, but Santiago said Alex was not happy and would only calm down with a bottle ... not a good habit, but I was sleeping, so who am I to say? Alex woke up at 4:45 this morning kinda cranky but then played for a bit ... he's at daycare now with little sleep. I hope his day goes better, he was happy when I dropped him off.

I'm jumping in the shower and heading to work .... yippeeeeeeeeee! (Faked enthusiasm) I need another day home. I just don't feel right.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys start feeling better soon! Alex is growing so fast! It's so much fun to watch them do new things. :)

    ReplyDelete