Thursday, September 11, 2008

Me - ugh.

It's my turn. I'm sick. I hate being sick. Alex was sick all last week and is still sounding croupy. His fever broke on Saturday and he's back to sleeping through the night and playing/eating like the happy lil boy he is.

On Sunday I started having a sore throat. I cleaned everything down with Clorox wipes. You know, the door handles, light switches, remotes, cell phone, etc etc. I went to work on Monday, but left early, had a fever. I worked a full day Tuesday. After all, I only worked 1 full day last week, so I felt like I needed to be there.

By Wednesday morning, my throat was really killing me, I had a fever, sneezing, coughing, my ears hurt, just not feeling good. I went to see Dr. P, got some meds, and went home to rest.

This morning it hit me ... I'm very blessed. Yes, I'm sick. But, really, I'm blessed. Yesterday and today my dad took Alex to daycare for me. Santiago is taking care of Alex and me. My mom is picking Alex up from daycare today. Mom, dad, Robby, Jenny have all called to check on me, it's sweet. It feels good.

We're trying our best not to re-infect Alex. Poor kid is still coughing and sneezing, I don't want him getting it again. I need to break the cycle of cooties at my house.

When I got home from the drs yesterday, I took my meds, then I read the warnings on the bottle ... "May cause drowsiness" oops. I put on the radio (country) and sped around the house. Washed my hands a zillion times. Loaded & started the dishwasher. Threw the couch blankets in the wash. Boiled Alex's nipples (wouldn't have to do that if I nursed! argh) Wiped down everything with clorox wipes. Threw out my toothbrush. Emptied garbage. Finally I collapased on the couch and quickly fell asleep.

Who knows if I've killed the cooties. I know I'm trying. I'm praying Santiago nor Alex get them.

Jenny called me yesterday, she said I need to not worry about our 8.5 mile run on Saturday, she'll take care of our group. And she's right. But I was stressed over it. Jeff Galloway is going to be there, and I really wanted to meet him again. He's a nice guy with tons of knowledge and he's running with you, you get a chance to talk to him one-on-one. I really want to be there, but in my condition, there's just no way. The last time I ran was last Tuesday, we did 3 miles.

It's time for some more meds ... which means another nap. Maybe it'll be uninterrupted. I highly doubt it. Work has called a few times already ...

4 comments:

  1. I want to hear lots more about Galloway. You beter get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bummer about Galloway, he rocks! How did you get him to come to your group? Is he from down there? Did you have to pay him big??? ;)
    Sure hope that you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laugh ... I think he lives in North Florida. I'm not sure how we're so lucky. The Pace Group Leaders (I'm one) are all volunteers, so I doubt he's being paid to come. It's his program though, maybe he picks a few groups to make an appearance at? He's a great guy, I'm really hating that I'll miss him this year. :(

    ReplyDelete