Thursday, September 11, 2008

Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament

I'm late in posting this ... but considering the cooties in my house over the last two weeks, I'm sure you guys understand.

The daycare Alex goes to, Sign with Me Child Development, is having a fund raiser.

Next Saturday, Sept 20th from 7 - 11 pm is a Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament. The grand prize is an all inclusive trip to Las Vegas to play in a poker tournament. Free Beer & Wine, Soda and appetizers. It will be held at the daycare, which is off Midway Road in Fort Pierce. Donation is $50.00 per person.

Santiago and I went in March with my brother, Robby. We had a fun time!!! We are not experienced poker tournament players, so we went more to support our daycare than to win. They taught the newbies how to play, which I greatly apprecaited. They gave away gift certificates (dinner, movies, etc.) in between rounds. There was a 50/50, I think the winner won over $500!

For the "real" poker players ... your donation covers a certain amount of chips. There is ONE chance during the night to buy a set amount of chips (I'm sure there is a name for this, but I don't remember what it's called).

If you're interested, please email me at Munch75@aol.com. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Christy, really enjoyed hearing about you and your family. Keep the news coming. Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete