Friday, October 24, 2008

Pink Eye?

I think I have pink eye. :( I don't think I had it even as a kid, and now that I have a kid, I'm getting sick all the time it seems. I'm so over it.

I was suppose to go running this morning, I even had one sock on ... but Jenny called, she was exhausted from the Green Conference she worked yesterday, so she was cancelling. Even though I'm sick, I was still going to go ... afterall, we have a half marathon on Sunday! Eeeks. But I'm not running alone, it's way too dark out there and I don't feel safe.

So I called my parents to let them know I wasn't running this morning, so I wasn't dropping Alex off. Well, my dad must have been having Alex withdrawls, he came over and played with him and they just left, my dad is taking him to daycare. How sweet :)

Last Saturday was our "Magic Mile" with the Galloway group .. I did a 14:28 ... if "real" runners are reading this, they just snickered. But for me, that is just great! I am so happy, I pushed myself hard.

I was just about to brag that I thought that was the fastest time I've done, then I looked back in my myspace blog and found this:

> Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 2:19 AM -
> I am on TOP of the world!!!! Current mood: accomplished

> I am sooooo freeking amazed! The last time I did that magic mile was like 4 weeks ago, and
> trust me, I pushed myself to do it in 16:00 minutes.

> I've been doing most of my "homework" each week, although I wasn't feeling good on
> Thursday, so I didn't get my run/walk in ... and get this, I did the magic mile in 13:36
> minutes!!!! I am sooo happy with my progress! Just totally excited!

Of course, this was pre-Alex and I was also going to a personal trainer twice a week. I'm still happy with my time, but I have to keep pushing myself. :)

Dad should be back any minute, so I'm going to head to work early and pray the girls don't tell me to go home ... pink eye is very contagious ... not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment