Saturday, August 23, 2008

6 miles!

WOW, I did it! :) We had a good run this morning, although it was pretty hot and humid. Since I'm a pace group leader, I email my group the results of our run today ... this is part of my email:

Total Distance: 6.08 miles
Total Time: 1:45:02
Overall Pace: 17:16 (last week was 17:06, so right on target!)

Run Time: 53:00
Run Distance: 3.46 miles
Average Pace while running: 15:19 (last week 15:21 - talk about being consistant!)

Rest time: 52:02
Rest Distance: 2.62 miles

Calories Burned: 653 (with my weight of 270)

I'm happy with how consistant we are being with our pace. I think that is so very important. I'm happy I did 6 miles, without pain. Especially since I didn't run this week, I was a bit scared.

I added a new spot on my sidebar where I listed all of the races I have done ... that really made me feel good doing that. It shows me how far I've come and that although I don't look like a runner, I am. And it feels great. I love the line of "Runner Girl" stuff ... stickers, mouse pads, magnets ... I love it. I love running. I'm so happy that I've made it part of my life. I've met some awesome people along the way too. :)

Ok, Alex is taking a nap, I need to take a quick shower and head to the LLL meeting then ... who knows! :) Hubby is off today, so we'll spend it together ... probably at Wally World, we need groceries.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know the first thing about running. This is pretty interesting to me. It's more than just putting on your shoes and taking off down the road, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it takes more planning, but yeah, just throw on some good running shoes and hit the door.

    It's much more fun with friends ... get to chit chat and get some exercise in!

    You're welcome to join us anytime! We run on Tues & Thurs mornings at 6am and do 3 miles at a slow pace. Bring Ruby if ya want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'll have to think about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you, Jen and I are in the baby stages of walking/running. Can I ask how you "found" Nick's Nest? Jen and I are both very good friends of Jill (Boomerang). We hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete