Monday, August 25, 2008

New tooth times two!

Saturday after my run, I noticed Alex's first tooth had finally broken through the skin ... his bottom middle one. Hubby and I both tried to take pics, and this is the best we could do. I know, I know, you can't really see it, but I promise, it's there and it's poking out!



Saturday was a filled day ... Alex and I went to La Leche League, then we all went to Babies R Us (their a/c was broken, ugh, hot.) and Walmart ... finally we got home and I crashed early, I was exhausted from my run.

Sunday daddy went to work, Alex and I stayed home. My parents came over and mom and I went through the boxes and bags of Alex's clothes. Some I'm sending to my brother in Texas for their upcoming baby girl, Myka Renea, who is expected in December. Some I'm sending to Boomerang Consignment, some I'm saving for our "future" baby (hopefully coming in the next year or two), some going to my sister-in-law in Texas who is due in November ... so yes, there was lots of clothes and lots of piles all over my bed. My best friend, Jenny, came over and helped too ... I was glad to finally get through them, it took us a good 2-3 hours! Way longer than I thought.

When Santiago got home from work, we ordered pizza, Mom and Dad stayed and hung out ... after they left I got to looking in Alex's mouth, stuck my finger in and I felt it ... a second tooth! The tooth next to this top middle tooth has broken through ... no wonder he's been so danged cranky!! Poor little guy was working on two teeth! He's been grabbing at his ear since Saturday, I'm thinking he may have an ear infection, he's never had one before. Santiago agreed to take him to the Dr when he gets off work ... his first time. I'm sure they'll do just fine.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I know I was super excited when Brianna got her 1st tooth. I don't know why, but I was. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like Christmas when you find a new tooth, isn't it? It was good to see you on Saturday. Sorry if I hogged the conversation with questions about dairy & yogurt & herbal tea, though. :( How's Alex's room coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! My son is getting new teeth too.

    ReplyDelete