Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Da Da" and 7 miles!

I'm a little late on posting this ... Thursday Alex said "Da Da" for the first time ... We are both so excited to hear him starting to "talk"! He still has the two teeth, the bottom one is coming in very sideways ... guess it'll straighten out as he grows. He's still not thrilled with textured foods. He just started eating organic yogurt, he loves it.

On to running ... I did 7 miles today ... I can't believe it! I'm feeling great, not sore, not tired (yet) ... here's the stats from today's run:

Total Distance: 7.05 miles
Total Time: 2:00:36
Overall Pace: 17:06 (Previous weeks: 17:16, 17:06)

Run Time: 1:00:36
Run Distance: 4.01 miles
Average Pace while running: 15:07 (Previous weeks: 15:19, 15:21)

Rest time: 1:00:00
Rest Distance: 0.04 miles

Calories Burned: 715 (with my weight of 270)

Again ... thrilled with how consistant we are being! Running with a group sure does make the time go by faster! I love it.

The FEMA rep just called ... so gotta get the place straightened up for his visit. Then we're headed to my parents tonight for dinner, I'm making lasagna, Robby & Rita are bringing garlic bread and mom is making salad ... a nice family dinner. I miss spending time with my family ... it'll be nice to catch up and if we're lucky, play some cards!

On top of that, I think my parents are keeping Alex overnight! It'll be the 3rd time since he was born ... we're excited to sleep in and they're excited to spend time with him! A win-win situation! :) A friend of mine, Ms. Carol, use to keep her grandkids overnight every Saturday night so she could spend time with them ... I always thought that was a great idea. She use to talk about cooking with them, going to the park, reading books ... just spending time together. I've always had a special place in my heart for my grandparents, but that's a whole nother post!

5 comments:

  1. Great Job.. It's awesome that you are training like that. The Galloway method is great. Having a training partner and goal really helps doesn't it?
    I am looking forward to reading more about your goals and race day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go with training! I admire your dedication. :)

    Glad to hear that you're getting some assistance with your situation after Fay. I'm sure it's been a nightmare for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job with the training! Wow, I think I'd collapse if I ran 7 miles. I'd love to learn more about your training method.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, It's me-you've done a real nice job with your blog. Easy to read, follow and your topics are, of course, near and dear to my heart! Have a great rest of the week-we'll see ya' mañana. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to see you today. I'm sorry Alex isn't feeling well, and hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete